Friends to Elect Dr. Sid Chapman
for Georgia State School Superintendent
We believe in our students.
- Decreased use of high stakes testing
- Fully funded public education
- Equity for all students
We support our educators.
- Incentives to recruit and retain quality educators
- Protect the current retirement system for educators
We value our community.
- Against public taxes funding private schools
- Supports STEAM
- Supports Vocational and Technical Education
Dr. Sid Chapman
- 28 year veteran in Georgia’s public schools
- Certified and taught every high school social science subject
- Taught GED English and College Macro Economics
- President of Clayton County Education Association 12 years
- 4 Years Vice President Georgia Association of Educators
- Completing 4th Year as President of the Georgia Association of Educators
- United Methodist Pastor
- Current member on Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Advisory Committee at GA Department of Education
- Elected Representative by colleagues of state presidents to the NEA’s Nation Council of State Education Associations for Southeastern Region
- Instrumental in forming coalition to defeat Amendment 1 (Opportunity School District); garnered the largest financial assistance from the National Education Association (NEA) and tirelessly worked for the Amendment’s defeat!